Dryad is one of the eight Mana Spirits of the Mana series, first appearing in Secret of Mana. Named for tree faeries of predominantly Greek mythology, Dryad represents the element of wood, which, according to designer Hiromichi Tanaka, was meant to be a departure from the typical elemental structure of most RPGs at the time of her debut. Dryad takes the form of a palm or willow tree, with leaves as her hair, boughs as her arms, and roots as her feet. Though often considered the most powerful of the eight Spirits for her powers over plants and wood as well as her apparent deep connection with the Mana Tree, Dryad is exceptionally timid to the point of being deathly afraid of her own strength, usually requiring a great deal of convincing to join her kin and her masters.
Secret of Mana
- “Get out of here now!”
Trials of Mana
- “Thank you ever so much. Forgive me for causing you so much trouble...”
Legend of Mana
Sword of Mana
- “I'm... um... Dryad, a wood spirit.”
Dawn of Mana
- “You need the power of the tree of life?”
Children of Mana
- “Thanks for helping Tess out.”
Circle of Mana
Dryad makes a cameo appearance in the online game, along with several other characters from the Mana series. She appears in 1 set of cards.
"Spirits do not appear before people with evil hearts."
Heroes of Mana
- “The spirit who controls the power of rustling trees. She may not seem entirely dependable due to her timid nature, but her connection to the Mana Tree gives her immeasurable powers.”
Names in other languages
||Randi --"Whoa! What's a Rabite doing in a place like this?"
|This article is a stub. You can help the Wiki of Mana by expanding it.